Post-Purchase Info for Buyers

How to get set up in your new home


Orleans Parish Service Providers

The City of New Orleans


New Orleans Sewerage and Water Board

625 Saint Joseph Street Room 140

New Orleans, LA 70165

Phone: 504-52-WATER (504-529-2837)


Entergy Electricity and Gas Services

New accounts can be set up at

Or with an agent via 1-800-368-3749 (1-800-ENTERGY)






City of New Orleans Trash Collection

To register for a trash collection roll cart please call (504) 658-2299


City of New Orleans Recycle Collection

To register for a recycle bin roll cart please call (504) 658-2299


How to claim your New Orleans Homestead Exemption


To claim a Homestead Exemption in Orleans Parish, all owners who occupy the property must appear in person at the Assessor’s Office and present the following:

1. Proof of ownership (Act of Sale or Warranty Deed)

2. A valid Louisiana Driver’s License or Louisiana State I.D. (address must correspond to property’s address on application)

3. A current unpaid Entergy bill for the property, with service location and mailing address being the same, showing standard residential usage; OR


4. A landline telephone bill or cable bill (Direct, Dish or Cox).

The assessor's office does not accept Sewerage & Water Board bills as proof of residency.

For more information:

New Orleans Assessor

City Hall, 1300 Perdido Street, City Hall Room 4E01

(504) 658-1300